A personal injury lawyer can help you collect more money to care for injuries and your family. Why is it necessary to hire an attorney if you or another party has insurance?
Minor fractures, bruises & bumps can turn into major health issues
After a car accident
you may think your injuries are minor. After all, it is just a small scratch. However, if you hire a lawyer, he will advise you to be patient. After time has passed, your injuries may turn out to be more serious than expected. That scratch could lead to a serious infection. Swelling can go down, revealing broken bones.
Pain & suffering damages
Emotional damage is real. If your case goes to court, a jury can award pain & suffering damages. A settlement offer that does not include these types of awards may not be complete. An attorney can comprehensively explain when pain & suffering damages apply, even in your injuries seem to be minor. Furthermore, your lawyer is on your side, advocating for fair treatment for you in a time of crisis.
Insurance companies are not on your side
An insurance policy is a good idea. But, insurance companies exist to make money. When they need to pay you as a victim, this directly conflicts with their company mission. Insurance companies want to help their clients, but not at the expense of profits. Make sure you get the full amount of money you deserve by hiring an attorney.
If a personal injury has affected you or your family & caused serious injury you need a personal injury lawyer.
Lawyers help you negotiate effectively & ensure you get the full amount of money you need for a full recovery. Insurance companies respect a client or victim more if they hire an attorney.
Long term & permanent injuries
Injuries can persist for years, even permanently affecting your life and family. An attorney assists you in determining how much money you need to take care of medical and home expenses for the duration of your injury. Then, lawyers help you receive that money.
Doctors, medical professionals and nursing homes aren’t perfect. Accidents occur. Negligent care hurts patients everyday. Wrongful deaths happen. The answer to the question: “Do I need a personal injury lawyer” is clear. An attorney can help you collect damages from the facility, medical malpractice insurance policy or other responsible medical provider.
Refusal to pay
As noted above, insurance companies or government agencies can refuse to pay victims. A lawyer will assist you in getting legal help to ensure your rightful bills are paid.
How to pick an auto accident lawyer in Fort Collins
An auto accident lawyer should be evaluated and chosen carefully.
- Specialty – Should a lawyer practice other types of law if they are representing personal injury clients? An attorney probably won’t be able to give you the professional expertise you need if they don’t specialize in personal injury.
- Experience – How many years of experience are needed to receive justice? As with most businesses, experience counts in matters of law.
- Contingency fee basis – Chances are, you can’t afford a lawyer. That is ok. Personal injury lawyers are paid on a contingent basis. If they don’t collect money for you, they don’t get paid either. Personal injury attorneys charge a fee based on the final amount of money they recover for you.
- Feel comfortable with your lawyer – If you don’t feel like your lawyer is a good fit, choose a different one.
Why choose Doug Allen as your car accident attorney?
- Talk to an experienced lawyer, not a paralegal or junior lawyer.
- I pledge to you that I will personally handle your case from start to finish.
- I promise to always fight for you and your family.
- I care about my clients just like family and you can always personally talk to me anytime day or night.
- I can come to your home, office or hospital with no obligations.
- I don’t get paid unless I recover money for you. If I don’t win your case, you don’t owe me a dime.
- I promise to listen to your story and stand by you.