If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, a Denver car accident lawyer can help. Our experienced team at Allen Accident Law will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible.
A Lot to See and Do in Denver
Denver is Colorado’s capital city and the most populated one in the state. Colorado’s “Mile High City” has a lot to offer visitors and residents alike. Enjoy diverse neighborhoods, a thriving cultural scene, and some of the most beautiful scenery nature can provide. Denver has 300 days of sunshine, making almost any time a good time for taking advantage of the city’s Colorado Trail. The trail stretches 500 miles beginning in Durango and ending in Denver. The extensive route crosses eight mountain ranges, six wilderness areas, seven national forests, and five river systems.
For those who prefer city life, Denver’s metro area offers all the convenient and modern amenities of any big city while still boasting a small-town Rocky Mountain charm. The US Census Bureau listed Denver’s population at 727,211 in mid-2019, with around 3 million people in the metro area. The city’s growing population and a never-ending list of indoor and outdoor events to attend also mean a lot more traffic and car accidents.
Types and Causes of Denver Auto Accidents
Different types of car accidents occur in Denver and for a variety of reasons. Many of them happen because a driver either disobeys traffic laws or is negligent. Accidents might involve one vehicle or two or more. Rear-end collisions, multi-vehicle pile-ups, and accidents involving a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist are also types of accidents that might occur. Any of these people might be injured, including a passenger in the vehicle of the at-fault driver.
In nearly any car accident, someone is at fault. Some of the most common causes of Denver accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – Accidents caused by distracted driving are on the rise across the nation, including Denver. The most common form of distracted driving is texting and driving — many drivers feel overconfident in their driving skills, especially young drivers. Other ways drivers get distracted include eating, talking on their cell phones, chatting with passengers, or grooming themselves.
- Speeding – Speeding is a factor in an estimated 26% of all traffic fatalities. It’s also a contributing factor in injury-causing accidents. Even drivers who obey the speed limit don’t always use good judgment. Driving during bad weather, at night, or in areas where the road is under repair is also dangerous. Drivers should adjust their speed according to the conditions for their safety and that of others on the road.
- Driving While Impaired – Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs results in hundreds of deaths on Colorado’s roads each year. Even prescription drugs or fatigue can cause impairment that leads to driver error.
One of the biggest reasons for car accidents is that a driver wasn’t paying attention. It only takes the blink of an eye for a crash to happen. When they do, an innocent person might suffer serious injuries that impact every aspect of their life.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries from car accidents are:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Catastrophic Injuries
You might not realize the extent of your injuries immediately after the accident. Sometimes it takes days or weeks before symptoms appear. Even minor injuries could cost you a great deal in medical bills and lost wages.
Types of Compensation You Might Receive
Every car accident is unique. Some are much more complex and require in-depth investigation. The goal of your attorney from Allen Accident Law is to get you the maximum available compensation for your needs. That amount depends on the extent of your injuries and your ability to prove they resulted from the other party’s negligence.
Even minor injuries can be expensive to treat. More severe injuries might be long-lasting and require lifelong treatment. Some of the types of damages you might receive include:
- Economic – These are damages with specific amounts, including medical expenses, lost wages, and any other costs associated with your injuries. If you require repairs or a replacement to your vehicle, these are included as economic damages too.
- Non-Economic – These are the damages that don’t have a price tag. They are personal losses such as pain and suffering, emotional anguish, impairments, or loss of quality of life.
- Punitive – These damages are sometimes awarded by the court when the at-fault party showed excessive malice or exhibited willful and wanton conduct. They are rewarded in addition to the other types of damages as a punishment to the at-fault party.
When to Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Immediately after an accident, check on the other people involved and get medical help for anyone who needs it. If possible, take photos and gather witness information. Even if you think you aren’t injured or your injuries are minor, seek medical attention immediately. It’s important for your health and your case.
Don’t wait to schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss your case. In Colorado, you have three years from the time of the accident to file a claim. A personal injury attorney will advise you on whether you have a valid case and how to proceed. They know how much your personal injury is worth and what a fair settlement would be. Insurance companies don’t care how badly you need help with your bills. They want to pay you as little as possible.
The legal team at Allen Accident Law knows how insurance companies work. We know how drastically the injuries from a car accident can impact your life. We will negotiate for a settlement that will cover your financial losses on your behalf. If we can’t reach an agreement, we will represent you in court. It doesn’t cost anything to find out about your legal rights after a car accident. You don’t pay any fees unless we recover compensation for you. Allen Accident Law has the experience and the dedication to our clients to get the best possible results. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.